Welcome!

Anyone can leave comments on stories you read, let me know what you like and what you don't, this is a blog for the people. Use your power!

Suggestions?
email me @ beatblathering@gmail.com


Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Swearing in the NBA

Alright so now everyone is talking about the $50,000 fine on Joakim Noah for saying "Faggot" to a fan and if it was enough.

From ESPN:
Just weeks after Kobe Bryant was fined $100,000 for yelling an anti-gay slur at an NBA official, Joakim Noah yelled a similar insult at a fan and was hit with a $50,000 fine.



Look, sports stadiums and arenas are full of three things; Testosterone, emotions, and beer. Fans rip players all the time. If you have ever been to a playoff game at places like Madison Square Garden in NYC or TD Bank in Boston, you know. Everyone has payed so much to get the fucking ticket that they try to make it worthwhile, drinking and heckling.

So some drunk dude yelled something bad at Joakim Noah, why can't Noah yell back? I realize it looks bad for the NBA, but it's not like the fan was upset. He probably said something so foul that faggot was like using "idiot!" as a comeback. So who cares. Players talk shit to each other, fans talk shit to each other, that's sports.

I don't know why this is such a big deal. I would probably hop the bench if Joakim Noah called me a faggot though. I'd try to pop him in the face quick before I got shanked by Carlos Boozer.

No comments:

Post a Comment