Welcome!

Anyone can leave comments on stories you read, let me know what you like and what you don't, this is a blog for the people. Use your power!

Suggestions?
email me @ beatblathering@gmail.com


Monday, April 25, 2011

Concert Review: Bassnectar

Alright I'm not a real crazy dubstep-head or whatever the fuck they are called. But 4,500 people packed into the Washington Armory in Albany spazzing out to crazy beats and shit sounded like a good Saturday to me. And it was. Bassnectar played from around 10:30 until past midnight and I don't know the names of the songs or anything so I don't know what he played or didn't play. But the place was a fucking mad house.

There was the usual bullshit, three-block long line to get in complete with nitrous mafia assholes slanging balloons for five bucks a pop. Sketchy dudes selling Molly and whatever. But the visual show Bassnectar put on was unbelievable. The only thing I didn't like was the dude has some hipster-dubstep hater thing against glowsticks. One got tossed at him on stage and he picks it up and goes "Glowsticks are so 90's blah blah." Really bro? Do you understand the people who go to your shows? People who fucking love glowsticks. Why be a douche and act like you are better than that? Maybe if you played real music people wouldn't bring glowsticks.

Metal band reject is too cool for glowsticks


Other than that the show was dope. He did a remix of "Shimmy Shimmy Ya" by ODB. So sick.

And the same day of Bassnectar it got announced that Snoop Dogg will come to Northern Lights on May 28th. You better fucking be there, I know I will be. Info here.

No comments:

Post a Comment